ERASMUS exchange program for students of the Faculty of Physics
- Payment of tuition fees at the host university.
- A maximum of 10 months mobility allowance. The amount of the mobility allowance changes from year to year.
- Language course in the host country before the start of studies.
An exchange is only possible with an institution with which an ERASMUS contract in physics exists.
The exchange program always covers one academic year, i.e. the winter semester and the following summer semester. Students may participate in the exchange during either the winter semester, summer semester, or both winter and summer semesters.
Important: There is only one application deadline at the end of the lecture period in the winter semester.
European universities with an ERASMUS contract in physics
Leave of Absence
Students can take a leave of absence from the KIT for the duration of their ERASMUS stay. Exams can also be taken at KIT during the leave of absence
Recognition of study achievements
Academic achievements can be recognized in consultation with the chairperson or deputy chairperson of the examination board for the MA or BA course.
- Application Deadlines: The application period for the coming academic year (i.e. the winter and summer semester) is until the end of the lectures in the winter semester.
- Previous academic achievements should be good.
- Basic knowledge of the language of the host country should be available.
- Application Process: Apply to the coordinator for physics with
The recognition of academic achievements is independent of the Learning Agreement and must be discussed and confirmed in advance with the chair of the examination board.
More information about the ERASMUS Program