This page is for incomers to assist you with the selection of physics courses for your Learning Agreement. Here are information about studying physics in Karlsruhe.
Course overview of the university
The "Vorlesungsverzeichnis" is a complete list of all courses (lectures, exercises, practical, seminars) of the actual and the last terms. It contains detailed information.
The ECTS credits are calculated according to the following rules:
- lecture SWS × 1 + exercises SWS × 2 for the BA
- lecture SWS × 2 + exercises SWS × 2 for the MA
Detailed information about the physics courses are given in the Modul handbooks . (See: Modulhandbuch für den Bachelor- or Master-Studiengang Physik). For the Master courses there is a handbook for each semester of the accademic year. The MSc Programme in Meteorology is given in English.
The academic year is divided into two semesters: winter (October 1st to March 31st) and summer (April 1st to September 30th).
Links / General informations
- The central international administration of the KIT is the International Students Office.
See also especially the page Erasmus-Studierende.
- The faculty runs an ERASMUS office.
- ERASMUS + student handbook
- Student working group Arbeitsgruppe ERASMUS at the University of Karlsruhe.
- Living and Studying in Karlsruhe